Sunday, August 1, 2021

Pink Ribbon Layout

 Hey guys, thanks for joining me here on my blog today!  For today's layout I'm doing this pink ribbon layout in my mom's honor.  This was her third time with Breast Cancer!  I flew to VA to be with her and we had to go into DC to the hospital where she was having her surgery.  This was the picture of her waiting nervously for them to call her back.  She was a trooper and made it through and is 8 years CANCER FREE!


I pulled out some stash from Photoplay Fight Like a Girl collection and Moxie Fight Back collection and dug though some other stash to find what I wanted to use for this.  The idea was to focus on the pink ribbon and to put some bits and pieces inside of it.  Since her outfit and the background would have clashed I decided to print the photo in black and white.

I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, but I knew I had to start with the shape of the ribbon so I went online and printed and fussy cut it..  I lined it up where I wanted it on the paper and then put small pencil marks around it to get the shape.  After that I went into my Nuvo drops found my Pink Berry and put a drop where each pencil mark was.


I then went into my water colors and added a few areas of color so I could put the word HOPE I die cut out using some PinkFresh Studio paper, the epoxy ribbon flair and the words ALWAYS IN MY HEART...the color was to make each of those items pop since they were mostly white and the paper was white.

I used my small butterfly punch and punched out some pink butterflies, added 2 stickers from the Moxie Stickers in the center of the ribbon so it wouldn't feel empty.

I added puffy stickers from: 
PFS - Let's Stay Home Collection
Maggie Holmes - Sweet Stories
Hedi Swap - journal studio 
Sticko - Everyday heart
The Paper Studio - puffy sticker and dimensional stickers

I backed the photo with some pink acetate paper and a light pink stock paper behind it. Added some Bella Blvd Ciao Chip - My Candy Girl Collection, some ephemera from Paige Evans Wonders collection, a few more puffy stickers and a few sequins and finished off with some gold splatters.

The finished layout

Thanks again for stopping by my blogger!  Please follow me on YT and MEWE and leave some comments below to let me know if you've ever made a layout using Nuvo drops to form a shape.

Have a scrapy day🤗
Kimberly









No comments:

Post a Comment