Thursday, July 22, 2021

Hey guys, thanks so much for stopping by my blogger today!  I have a PinkFresh Studio layout that I'm excited to share with you.  Every month they have a Challenge up on their website/blog and this month for July it's all about butterflies and a certain color pallet.  So I'm going to show you what I came up with and used from their collections and a few others that aren't PFS (their rules say you don't have to use everything PFS, but most of it was)!


I started with this picture of my long time very good friend who has been through so much in her life and now she has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer🎗  She is a fighter for sure and this picture is her last day of the hell of chemo that she went through and she got an all clear from the doctors!  They gave her a plaque and she got to ring that bell🙌

I wanted to do a layout of this very special moment for her and frame it and send it to her.  I thought the butterflies were a great symbol for this special moment, like a re-birth of a moth to a butterfly...her life is starting over in a new direction.

I started off with PFS paper collect from MY FAVORITE STORY called - PLANT KINDNESS and wanted to make it pop with a bright yellow around the edges so I added SIMPLE STORIES COLOR VIBE in Yellow.  I was going to use some bigger butterflies from Anna Giffin and use a smaller picture but I decided that didn't work for me.  I wanted the focus on her and not the butterflies so I used a punch from my stash that punched out very small butterflies that were perfect!

I am loving these PFS wood scent stickers from their OFFICE HOURS COLLECTION and the "YOU GOT THIS" was just perfect for this layout!  I also fell in love with the PFS - YOU ARE STRONGER paper from their LET'S STAY HOME collection.  The words are so beautiful and the color is gorgeous as well.   I used a die cut frame I had and cut both the paper and the plain border around it. I reached deep into my stash to find the bouquet of flowers from Jen Hadfield to place in the middle of it. 

The "TODAY'S STORY" is a cut-a-part from PFS collection NOTEWORTHY called BE CURIOUS.  I added a sticker to it from a THE PAPER STUDIO Butterly kit a bought from Hobby Lobby...the color was spot on!  The Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon I cut from a die cut I got from one of my favorite shops CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  I used PFS paper, SUPER COOL collection called CHOIR and backed it with the same plain green paper I had in my stash.  I added a brad to the middle of it from FSJ/SPELLBINDERS.  The rest of the ephemera came from PFS as well as the circle chipboard flairs that I absolutely love!  The title YOU DID IT is PFS tiny puffy alphas I purchased from PIECE CRAFT LOVE, one of my new favorite shops! I mixed from 2 different collections NOTEWORTHY and DAYS OF SPLENDOR.  I finished it off with the tiny green and yellow butterflies and some stickers from the THE PAPER STUDIO kit.  


I hope she likes how this turned out.  I think the colors in this collection are perfect for a layout like this.  Please leave some comments below and let me know what you think.  Come follow me on YT and join our group over on MEWE, we would love to have you!

Thanks again for stopping by and make it a scrapy day!
Kimberly

2 comments: