Thursday, November 11, 2021

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop Fall/Winter 2021 ~ Coffee and Friends are the Perfect Blend

 

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by today!  Today I'm here doing a coffee themed card for the Coffee Loving Card makers Fall/Winter Blog Hop 2021!

This will be the 4th year I'm doing it and it's always so much fun!  Amy Tsuruta is the mastermind behind this huge coffee lovers blog hop each year and does a fantastic job!  There are a ton of Super Sponsors and prizes so I hope you come join us!



Today I'm here using some AlteNew FRIENDS FOREVER coffee stamps.  I saw this set and fell in love!  The sentiments are PERFECT for any friendship.  If you haven't seen this set head over to Piece Craft Love and check it out!

I went with a bigger card this time.  I did an A6 card which is 4 1/2 x 6 1/4".  I wanted to do a wider base card for this particular one.  

I started out making the A6 card in brown heavy weight card stock paper and then cut the top layer slightly smaller, using the Vicki Boutin water color paper.  I wanted to use something that would take the background distressed sprays I used and this paper is magical!  I used SHIMMERINGZ SPRAYS in BRONZED BOMBSHELL along with Tim Holtz Distress Spray in CRACKED PISTACHIO. 

After letting it dry I stamped it with the cool hearts that looks like steam coming up from the coffee cups!  That was from my Crafter's Companion Gemini COZY DRINKS STAMP & DIE SET. I love mixing and matching die and stamp sets!  I also inked the edges in the Catherine Pooler ink.

I then stamped the cups using StazOn Ink in Black along with the sentiments COFFEE AND FRIENDS ARE THE PERFECT BLEND and BFF.  I love using my Tim Holtz stamping platform for this!  I also stamped out the double hearts that come in the AlteNew stamp set and with the same Catherine Pooler ink in WALK IN THE PARK.

I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in TEA DYE to ink the cups along with the Catherine Pooler ink  in the same WALK IN THE PARK color (I just love it). I alternated coloring of the cups. 

I fussy cut everything and then adhered them down, using pop dots for the double hearts to give a bit of dimension.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like the card and it inspired you to come hop along with the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop!

Kimberly

6 comments:

  1. I bet this has a wonderful glimmer in person! Love your sprayed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! It really does lol...maybe a close up would have been a good idea ;) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great card!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!☕

    ReplyDelete