Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop Fall/Winter 2021 ~ Coffee is Always a Good idea

 

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by today!  Today I'm here doing a coffee themed card for the Coffee Loving Card makers Fall/Winter Blog Hop 2021!  I hope you are having as much fun hopping along as I am creating and hopping!

Today I am using a stamp from the JOURNALS FOR LIFE coffee stamp set called BUT FIRST COFFE.  I actually won this stamp set on the last blog hop a couple of months ago and I love it!  I must say, I'm not good with coloring my stamps but I gave it a go.

First I cut  a woodgrain background to fit my A2 card and then die cut another frame in a cream colored card stock to use as the top card.

I stamped the coffee cup and saucer with those beautiful flowers on white card stock.  I then I stamped the heart shaped "cream top" with more flowers on top to give it a fancy look like the baristas do at the coffee shops.  I fussy cut it, colored all of it in (using lots of different colors) and I popped it up on foam dots to give it a bit of dimension.

I then stamped the beans (I mean how cute are they) and the spoon on the side of the saucer.  I stamped teh COFFEE IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA sentiment above it.  I added a little heart "candy" from another stamp set beside the cup, added my Nuvo drops in AUBURN PEARL and adhered the panel to my A2 card.

I used the following Tim Holtz Distressed Inks: WORN LIPSTICK, FIRED BRICK, LUCKY CLOVER, SCATTERED STRAW, ANTIQU LINEN, TEA DYE, TATTERED ROSE and WALNUT STAIN.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Now it's time for some coffee ;) 

Kimberly


7 comments:

  1. What a great way to use the stamps you won. Such a fun card, and I think you did a great job on the colouring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marianne! I need more practice but I'm not mad at it ;) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment🙌

      Delete