Friday, November 12, 2021

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop Fall/Winter 2021 ~ I can't Emphasize this enough: COFFEE

 

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by today!  Today I'm here doing a coffee themed card for the Coffee Loving Card makers Fall/Winter Blog Hop 2021!

This will be the 4th year I'm doing it and it's always so much fun!  Amy Tsuruta is the mastermind behind this huge coffee lovers blog hop each year and does a fantastic job!  There are a ton of Super Sponsors and prizes so I hope you come join us!

Most of the time when we think of coffee we think of the dark, rich colors of browns are caramel.  Today I'm here doing a card with a pink and blues to make it a fun, whimsical card.  Even though the colors may not be traditional coffee...I can't emphasize this enough: (I still need) COFFEE!



I cut down a white stock paper to the size of an  A2 card.  I dug into my new Washi-tape I just got from Hobby Lobby!  I love the piece I used for the top border with the tiny scallops!  I alternated the blue and pink that were the same size in width and design all the way down the card, over lapping just a tad.

I pulled out some papers from a 6x6 pad from Jen Hadfield called COTTAGE LIVING.  I am in LOVE with this pad!  A very good friend of mine purged her stash and she had about 10 6x6 pads she wanted to re-home and I welcomed them with open arms!

I picked out the 3 different patterns from this pad, but I made sure they were all in the same color family. I used my coffee die from Sizzix called PUMPKIN SPICE & EVERYTHING NICE stamp and die set.  I love the little curl it has in the handle!  I stacked them 3 high and I tilted them slightly to give it a little bit of "movement" in the card.

I then dug into my stash and grabbed a coffee sentiment I CAN'T EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH: COFFEE.  I've had in my stash for a while and I can't remember where I got it, but I thought it went perfect with this card.  I stamped it on vellum but it kind of got lost in the background so I adhered it to some scrap paper and trimmed it and popped it up on some foam tape.  Last but not least, I had some of the sequins that matched the blues perfectly, I added a couple at the to and bottom for the sentiment and that's it!

This card came together pretty fast and I loved the  non-traditional coffee colors.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like the card and it inspired you to come hop along with the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop!

Kimberly
Entering this card in the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop
                    and
Double Trouble Challenge #97 "DaJa-BREW"


17 comments:

  1. LOL! Love that sentiment. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jingle! I loved making this card...those colors tho! They have to be my favorite so far!

      Delete
  2. Another fun design, love the stacked cups!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just fell in love with this colors and wanted to do a stackable fun card! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Love the design of your card and fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its lovely card!
    hello from Coffee Lovers Blog hop! ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love those washi tape colors! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Some days require more coffee than others. I already need tomorrow's. LOL Cute card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tara! LOL, I totally get it! I think I just need an IV hookup ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love the use of fun patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Celeste! I loved the colors of these papers and they were spot on with the washi tape! I love when that happens :)

      Delete
  8. Love that you used patterned papers for your cups and matched them up with your pretty washi tape background. Thanks for coming back and sharing with us at Double Trouble. Hope to see you at future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me! That card was so fun to put together! I will be back ;)

      Delete
  9. Kimberly, what a clever use of your Washi tape! You are so lucky to have a friend who knows the perfect person to gift extra design paper pads! I love that little curl on the handles, too. It gives the cups a touch of whimsy! Thank you so much for sharing your card and talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Daja-Brew" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Washi tape just took on a whole new meaning, Kimberly! I love how you created your card and in PINK! Fabulous - I love pink. Sweet sentiment, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #97A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melanie! I love using washi tape in different ways! Thanks for letting me join in at DOUBLE TROUBLE!

      Delete