Friday, November 12, 2021

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop Fall/Winter 2021 ~ WE GO TOGETHER LIKE HOT CHOCOLATE & MARSHMALLOWS

 

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by today!  Today I'm here doing a coffee themed card for the Coffee Loving Card makers Fall/Winter Blog Hop 2021!

This will be the 4th year I'm doing it and it's always so much fun!  Amy Tsuruta is the mastermind behind this huge coffee lovers blog hop each year and does a fantastic job!  There are a ton of Super Sponsors and prizes so I hope you come join us!



Today I'm here using some Crafter's Companion Gemini COZY DRINKS STAMP & DIE SET.  This set is super cute and comes with 2 stamp and die sets.  I used the one with the cute coffee cups with a spoon, marshmallows, whip cream, winter scarf and a smiley face!  This set is too cute!

I started out making the A2 size card in brown heavy weight card stock paper and then cut the top layer slightly smaller, in a lighter weight cream color card stock.  I inked it in  tim Holtz Distressed Ink in TATTERED ROSE.  I pulled out some snow sequins from my Christmas stash and adhered them down to the top of the card.

I picked out a paper pattern from one of my 6x6 paper pads from G Basicgray's called WHAT'S UP.  I cut one coffee cup from it using the stamp to out line it and added that oh so cute smiley face!  I mean who can have a frown when drinking coffee?  I stamped the spoon behind it so it looks like it's in the cup.

I then stamped the other cup with Black Stayz On Ink (twice) using my Tim Holtz stamping platform.  I then added some fine embossing powder in DETAIL BLACK and he set it.  I then stamped it again with some embossing pad and embossed it with WOW fine embossing powder in SNOW and heat set that, it made a sparkly outline of the cup!   

I then stamped the whip cream in a  Distressed Ink in WALNUT STAIN and again with my embossing pad and used the same fine WOW embossing powder in SNOW.  I then stamped the winter scarf using the same pattern paper as the other cup and die cut it out and added it the cup.  

Lastly, I stamped the sentiments on the card (one on a pattern paper to give it a bit of dimension) and also, we can't forget those cute marshmallows!  I adhered all of it down (popping up the black coffee cup and whip cream on foam dots) and I was done!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like the card and it inspired you to come hop along with the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop!



Kimberly

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the compliment on one of my coffee cards. You have quite an assortment of Christmas cards and would love you to join us at Double Trouble "Deja-BREW" with some of your coffee cards. Please check us out at https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2021/11/challenge-97-deja-brew-2021-special.html Sue Reynolds, ILuvScrapping2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh y cosh Suzanne, what a great compliment! I would love to check out Double Trouble Deja-Brew! Oh you just made my DAY🤗

      Delete
  2. YAY Kimberly! So happy to see you linking up this super fabulous project! Thanks for the shout out and love the BG paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was super excited as always to hear about the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! Whoop Whoop! I'm addicted and you put so much work into this hop each and every year and I so do appreciate you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those wonderful cups! Your card is quite elegant with the color scheme you used. Loving all the sparkle, too! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Becca! It was so fun to do and use up that pretty washi-tape! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  5. Cool card and love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog🖤

      Delete
  6. so very nice!
    hello from Coffee Lovers Blog hop! ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fikreta! I just love this hop, it's my fourth year and it's always so much fun!

      Delete