Friday, July 24, 2026

Coffee card - Did You Ever Want To Say?

Hey guys, I'm here as a guest designer for the Coffee Loving Papercrafters blog post and I am so excited!  They are all about coffee and since discovering them my stamps and dies for everything coffee has gown...STRONG, you know, like coffee๐Ÿ˜‚☕️๐Ÿ˜‚

This card is how I feel most mornings when my body aches or my MS is acting up...I literally have a cup of coffee in my hand and just say "Nope, not today"   Ugh! Some days life is just a bit much and is why I reach for that second cup of coffee most days. But hey, we all have our struggles in life and well, coffee helps and then we take on whatever part of the day we can.

I am loving this stamp from Crackerbox Stamps.  Her name is "Helen" and she seems to look like she needs more than just one cup of coffee most mornings too!  I mean her struggles look real!

I started out by stamping her with some alcohol friendly black ink.  I like to use Memento in Tuxedo Black when I am using my alcohol markers on a stamped image.  It's the best one that I've found to not smudge when using the markers.  In the Copic Markers I used Y08, Y11, C1, E0000, RV14, R32, B23, B26 and in the SPECTRUM NIOR, I used, E56.  I also used some glossy accents on her cup and the steam.

The stamp set from Crackerbox stamp also came with the sentiment, "DID YOU EVER WANT TO SAY?".  I stamped the sentiment and used one of my nested dies from my stash to die cut it and then I used a fine tip black pen to sketch an outline around the sentiment just to make it pop.   I added a background layer from a paper pack from BRASS and BLISS called JAVA GOOD TIME.  I also used one of the bigger dies from the same nested die set to cut and layer it them together.

I dug into my scraps and found that polkadot pattern paper, a brown card stock from the JAVA GOOD TIME paper collection and a bright yellow card stock from my stash - just to make her yellow mug pop - and then I layered them all.  I popped her up with some foam tape, adhered her and the sentiment to the front and then started on the inside of the card.

I grabbed a nesting die set I got from SBC to cut a frame using another coffee pattern paper from Brass and Bliss...have I told you I just love Brass and Bliss and I discovered them through one of the hops? They are also a SUPER SPONSOR of The coffee Loving Papercrafters...boy, they sure have enabled me to find a LOT of great stamp and die companies, maybe too much ๐Ÿ˜‚   After die cutting that thick frame, I popped it up on foam tape.   

I pulled a frame die from Brass and Bliss, called INSIDE SCALLOP FRAME.  I die cut it out of the same bright yellow card stock I used on the frot of my card to give some pop and to make and outside and inside the card cohesive.  I adhered the coffee frame to the yellow card stock and then adhered that to the inside of the card. 

I grabbed another sentiment stamp from Pajama Crafter Stamp- "NOPE, NOT TODAY".  I used another die from my stash from Kat Scrappiness and stamped, die cut and adhered it to the inside of that coffee frame.  I found that little kitten in my plate of...I'll put it away some day, stash…that never seems to get put away.  I thought he looked super cute and I was happy to find him a great home.


I sure hope I inspired you to reach into your stash and pull all the things to make a fun coffee card today.  

Stay crafty my friends,

Kimberly 



Kimberly B.
idratherbescrapbooking2@gmail.com
Blogger: https://idrathrbescrapbooking.blogspot.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/kimberlyscraps/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment