Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Halloween Art Journal Page - Haunted 31 - KCS Designs Instagram Hop!

Hey guys I'm on the Blogger as part of the Design Team for KCS Designs by Kim, we are up on Instagram with a Hop and a chance to win a $25 gift card from her shop!  The hop is on September 23, 2026 starting at 8:am.  So come join us, let us know what collection you like the best and have a chance to win a gift card! Here is a link to my IG so you can hop along with us!

Today I am starting with another art journal page with lots of dimension, using a couple of Halloween collections.  The first one I used was from her HARVEST LANE PAPERS.  These background papers are perfect for a fall or halloween themed card or art journal page don't you think?
I then downloaded her CUTE HALLOWEEN GHOST collection.  These paired so perfectly with the background papers! I put the background papers in my PAGES and sized it to what I needed and then added the PNG file from the CUTE HALLOWEEN GHOST and sized it and arranged it down on the left corner by the pumpkins that were in the paper.

I really didn't have to do much after printing it, I added a spider web with a stencil and a light hand, stamped the clear bats and the smaller black bats that are flying upwards (she did have one bat on the background paper so those really went well with it).  I also added one more bigger bat from my stash.  

I found this scary tree that I had in my box of goodies for-EVER so when I saw that it was perfect for this page I grabbed it, cut it in half and put one on each side.  I found the numbers "31" that was Halloween themed and wanted to put that in the bottom right corner to balance the page.  

The last of the Halloween goodies I pulled where those cute spiders with googly eyes...EEEK! They were perfect for what I wanted to do to the outside to frame the page.  I also used my 2" hole punch and made a moon, shading it with some GATHERED TWIGS distressed oxides.

Before putting it all together I glued the background paper (with the cute PNG ghost) to a page in my book.  I then put a self healing mat on top and used the previous blank page of the book to add some distressed oxides in DUSTY CONCORD, SEEDLESS PRESERVE, GATHERED TWIGS, BLACK SOOT and then I took a cutting tool and cut the middle out of it and proceeded to tear it.  Then I used the same spider web stencil with some VERSAMARK ink and some HERO ARTS embossing powder in BLACK.  I LOVED how that turned out. 
 

I then put foam tape behind that and taped it down to my background paper.  I adhered all the Halloween goodies to the page and added the spiders and bling and then called it DONE!  I am not mad at it!

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today and I hope you head over to this month's KCS Design's Instagram Hop and get inspired!

Stay Crafty

Kimberly  

No comments:

Post a Comment