Saturday, August 1, 2026

Art Journal - Her Spirit Flows like Stardust


Hey guys I'm up on the Blogger with another art journaling page as part of the Design Team for KCS Designs by Kim.  Click on the link to her Etsy shop so you can take a look at all of her amazing printable images and backgrounds.  

Today I am playing with the HIPPIE DAZE clip art collection.  These hippie chics are so awesome and the colors she used for them, yes please!  I paired it with her Word Snippest: SHE IS collection. 

I started with the background using a brayer with lots of distressed oxides in: BROKEN CHINA, CANDIED APPLE, CRACKED PISTACHIO, GROUND ESPRESSO, PEACOCK FEATHERS, SALVAGED PATINA, SPICED MARMALADE.  I came in with my soft brushes and added the same colors on top...I loved how it turned out!
I then jumped into my stash and grabbed a stamp set from Whimsy Stamps called FANTABULOUS and stamped the background using each word in that set.  I used Versifine Clair NOCTURNE to stamp them...I mean how fun are these stamps!  

After stamping I reached into a tiny book I had of papers and PET tape, I got off of Amazon, with colors that matched this Hippie Chic perfectly!  I used the two PET pieces that had the brown curved branches with flowers and cut one in half and used one on each side for a bit of balance.  I then took the papers from that pack and cut these super cool flowers that I was gifted from a friend, I mean talk about hippie flowers, they remind me of the florals from the 60's.  I adhered a couple of different once together to create some dimension.  

I set them aside and went to work on my stenciling using STAMPERS ANONYMOUS - HOCS POCUS stencil. Since the quote says HER SPIRIT FLOWS LIKE STARDUST, I thought this stencil worked fabulously!  I used some white modeling paste with the stencil and with me doing it on top of the distressed oxides it reacted a bit with the modeling paste, ever so slightly and turned the stars the same color as the background ink which was super cool to watch!  

While letting that dry, I fussy cut the Hippie Chic and adhered her to some foam tape to give her some dimension.  I then placed the flowers, the butterflies, that I punched using a butterfly punch, and the same papers I cut for the flowers and placed everything where I wanted and adhered it down.

It was missing a bit of something so I added the thread to pull out that teal color in her and balance the page.  I am not mad at it!

I absolutely love these two collections from KCS Designs by Kim.  I hope I inspired you to get into your crafty space and get a bit messy today.  Thanks for hanging out with me!

Stay Crafty,
Kimberly 






No comments:

Post a Comment