Hi guys, I'm up on the Blogger with a Challenge from Art Impressions Blog. Their challenge this week is CELEBRATION: make something that you celebrate so I made this cute birthday card.
I made this card using lots of stamps, a repurposed packaging from a crafty order, some splatters and a cute fairy drinking her coffee (obviously it's her free birthday coffee from SB)!
This came together so fast, it was one of those creative moments after looking at the brown packaging from an order I just received in the mail. It was so smooth and didn't get wrinkled at all during shipping and I thought to myself, self what can you use this for and all of the sudden I was making a card with it. The colors were perfect for this cute little fairy image a friend had sent me a few weeks ago that was actually sitting on my desk and wow did it really work for this project!
I started off by cutting the brown packaging down to an 1/8 of an inch smaller than an A2 size and added it to a solid piece of brown card stock cut to an A2 card base.
I then went through some of my birthday stamps and grabbed a few I thought would work and went to town stamping the background. I also included a couple of my "background" stamps I use specifically for making backgrounds and they really worked great together.
I added some white acrylic splatters (fun tip: I ordered a set of 3 empty nail polish bottles off of amazon...really small with a ball inside...I add some acrylic paint with a bit of water to the bottle and have it sitting on my desk for when I want to make splatters. It saves a lot of waste at least for me, I'm a heavy hand when pouring acrylic paint and I usually wipe up the rest from my glass board so a huge waste for me. I love these little bottles because you can put any color inside...here is a link to them (non affiliated) in case you want to order a set).
After the splatters I added the fairy image and some bling and called it done! Thanks for hanging out with me today. I hope I inspired you to get into your crafty space and make a card for someone special today!
Stay crafty,
Kimberly
No comments:
Post a Comment